• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi Ex120 Problem

KRIZ

Hey all , Im looking for information on the macinno system on my 2 ex 135ur-5's. The units both have slightly different versions of the system but other than the fault code reporting screens the systems are unusable.I'd like to disable the systems completely but information on the systems here in australia isnt redily available. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
cheers KRIZ

jackson19

Need a little help. i have a ex120-2, the wires got pulled out of the pigtail off of the pressure sensor on the bottom the pump. there is a red wire+, white wire-, and a red green. now, what wire plugs into what stud on the pressure sensor? I appreciate any help. thanks jackson

Scrapper

hello. i`m having too some issues with ex100-2. toasted pvc, and a lot of black smoke out of motor when try some functions. i think my problem is in the angle sensor, or the rpm sensor when i read this topic. it has burned some fuses too, including pvc fuse. cant go near the machine for over a week because of my work. could someone very kind person email me the instructions to idle the angle sensor? and maybe how to test it if its okay. my emal is santikko(at)offipalsta.com. any mechanic data and manuals around this issue is welcome. this topic is great! :)

Did you try unpluging your angle sensor and see if you can get the PVC fuse to stop blowing?

santikko

Did you try unpluging your angle sensor and see if you can get the PVC fuse to stop blowing?
no, i didn´t. machine is not mine, i was called to help after the box was toasted. hopefully my friend gets the old box work again, so then i can make some investigations with it. i have readen these topics around this problem now, and got a lot of more knowledge to fix it. i found also the instructions to idle the angle sensor, so i give you more questions after i have tried few things if they doesnt help. this unplugging angle sensor information is useful too, didn´t cross my mind before. sorry for typo:s, i don´t have so good english :)

Scrapper

If unplugging the angle sensor doesn't stop the fuse from blowing then start unplugging other sensors, switches, ect. to see if you can find it.

Just keep a good supply of 1 Amp fuses on hand and don't replace the PVC fuse with anything bigger than a 1 Amp fuse or you will toast the box if it isn't already.

santikko

yes it is already toasted, its at my friend now so he tries to get it work again. i ordered few transistors from china, when we get them then i can start finding what has caused the problem. i think it is the angle sensor. and its possible that someone has replaced sometime the 1a fuse with bigger one, so the box has given the holy smoke. there was one transistor down, and the place named r1 component toasted so badly i had to find another box where i could spy what component it was. but its ok now, just waiting the components arrival from china.

santikko

i would be interested too how to check the dp sensor, and really where it is located. okay, i know it is in main control valve, but i dont have an idea how is that translated into finnish properly :) picture would give me more than a thousand words.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
santikko
the sensor is screwed into the end of the valve and will have a three pin plug on it.

Last edited:

digger_hunter

guys,

just a word of advise.............dont buy the cheap hitachi parts from China, over the past year i have bought loads of hi speed solenoids, angle sensors and DP sensors and they are rubbish. In the end just stuck to original Hitachi parts. The suppliers in China gave us some rubbish excuse like they have 2 factories and we were guaranteed the better quality parts but they are all the same. Not worth the hassle! But did buy a few PVC and EPC controllers and they have done ok so far. The most common fault i have found on these are busted DP sensors, not sure what causes it but have a feeling its the high temp. so have a look at that one first.

flyboyjoelms

I'm having the same issue with my Hitachi 120 that a lot of people are having it seems. Hydraulics are killing motor under slight strain. The mechanics in this area are hopeless so I am trying to figure this out myself. It is not a fuel problem for sure. So I am troubleshooting hydraulics. I unplugged all sensors and it made no difference so somethings not working right. I ordered an angle sensor today to replace that. What should I check or test to find out what is wrong? Start at sensors? How and what after that? Thanks!

santikko

hello joe! first, try to change the plugs between the solenoids on top of the pump. and you can test the angle sensor too, just unplug the two solenoids, then let the machine run at slow speed few minutes. you can hear when the pump reaches full swash. then plug a voltmeter + to the anglesensors middle wire, i remember it was black. then the - to the ground. you should see there 4,30volts. i saw in our excavator, that this was ok when motor was cold. after it gets warm, the a-sensor started to give very unstable power, like in a 30 seconds it went from 0 to 5 volts.

i ordered an a-sensor from china, the first one went broke in a few ours, but i got new one from the seller, didnt have to even send the broken one back. now it has been working.

if you have to change the solenoids and order them from china, you should first get it to parts and clean them up well. in my solenoids, i just plugged them and found out them sticking. i cleaned them up, and found there a very small metal particles which was left there after the machining. just take it parts, and flush well with brake cleaner or something else. after that they worket as new. it is not really so hard to find out how does the hydraulics work, only if you have problems with the wiring it gets ugly. or so i think, i dont like electric works :)

Last edited:

flyboyjoelms

Jaytech, I am in Gulfport. I ordered a new angle sensor and will install it tmrw. Hope this works. I will test the voltage to the sensor, but I don't remember it making a noise like it was in full swash. I can't tell a difference from when it first starts to 10 or 20 minutes later. Is there anything I should be doing when installling the sensor or just put it in? I read on this post where you have to set the voltage.