• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

help with VIN decode

drystack

Occupation
stonemason
Hi
I am considering a truck purchase site unseen. I don't know if the seller (a dealer) is entirely sure of the trucks exact model. Does anybody know how to decode Peterbilt numbers, or perhaps a website that can help? Our dealer is not very helpful (I'll leave it at that :) )

I know that it is a 2002 379, but I'm not sure if its an extended hood, interior category, etc.

Thanks everybody!

Matt

Jeff D.

Drystack,I wish I could help you on the VIN #'s,but I can't.I can say I'm jealous though.I've always like the 379.It is the BIG hood Pete.It'll go straight out from the cab forward(and actually looks like it going uphill from in the cab) They are the "classic" styled trucks,and have been around a long time.They also win alot of truck show competitions,and I think for good reason.

Good luck,I hope it works out for you.