• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help Us Grow!

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
From what I've seen, this past week has been the busiest the Board has been. I've done a little internet advertising trying to get the word out about us, but I can use your help!

Tell anyone you know who might be interested in our Board where to find us, the more members we have the greater the information resource the Board can become. If you like, right click on the logo, then click print to get a handout to carry.

I'm in the process of getting business cards together for handing out, I'll ship some to any member who would like to help recruit. I'm also putting a page together that you'll be able to print out for posting at jobsites or your heavy equipment dealer.

Keep an eye on this thread, I'll keep you all posted as these ideas develop.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

badranman

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner Cutting Edge Construction Limited
Sounds good to me! Have you approached any manufacturers about sponsorship like on plow site or lawn site? I find this site very educational and informative but I am somewhat of a newbie.
I tell everyone in the bussiness about this site when I can.

Oregon Rob

Occupation
Equipment operator
What about direct e-mails to IUOE addresses, equipment suppliers...?

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Whew!!!

I've finally got business card type handouts available, pictured below. The photo I took didn't downsize so well, in reality they look great!

Any member who would be interested in handing cards out among industry members, or perhaps leaving some at dealerships in your area, PM me with your name, adress and how many cards you think you might need. Thanks!!!

Attachments

• business card handout.jpg
    business card handout.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 872

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Thanks for the link, dozerman! Every little bit helps! I'll get those cards out ASAP. The more members we have here, the better this site will be as a resource for everyone.

glsahl

Charter Member
Occupation
equip.mngr/mechanic
biz cards

Got the cards and have been a little stingy with them.Only giving them out to people I think might use the board,so far I haven't seen anyone sign up,but,haven't given up hope.I'll start hitting management types,next.Most of my friends are field mechanics,"birds of a feather" kinda thing.Most have little spare time,70 hour weeks are common.Might get a better response out of those who have "real" weekends.

John DiMartino

Super Moderator
Occupation
Greenskeeper/mechanic
This thread reminds me,I handed out a few more cards this past weekend at the dyno event saturday,then again at the dragstrip sunday a few guys were asking about it. Steve ,your banner on my Dodge sure has had a lot of exposure,since i drive the wheels off my truck.:drinkup

CT18fireman

Occupation
Owner
I got your site on my site, which is still a work in progress but getting a lot of local hits. Again I have not noticed any members from me. Send me some cards though. Lots of shops and dealers around here that I drop in on.

Free advertising never hurts.

fireman050

Occupation
construction & volunteer firefighter
i'll take a dozen or so and pass them out to the 20 or so dealers and rental shops around here

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
Window stickers get lots of attention.
People often ask me about the stickers on the back of my truck.
1....Turbo Diesel Register
2.... Cummins Forum
3.... Diesel Truck Resource

I am a active participant in the above forums.....

A sticker does a great job of spreading the word...
24 hrs a day, 7 days a week....
Can a business card do that?
:cool2

TRACKHOE71

Occupation
OPERATOR
im with ya pete, window decals, and any type of stickers go along way, you can put a sticker just about anywhere and get some attention. i think its a good idea.

donlang

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner- full service excavating firm
Digger242's Humor

You think highly of his humor and being funny, you should see him in person!

:usa

will_gurt

Charter Member
Occupation
operator in extended holding pattern
Digger242J's humor

donlang wrote " You think highly of his humor and being funny, you should see him in person!"

I have!!!