• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help Needed In Parts Information For My 1977 White Freightliner Cabover

Blaster

I need help finding some information on my 1977 White Freightliner Cabover, I need a couple parts for my DOT inspection but I need the right parts for this truck. If I could find the Spec Sheet for the truck its vin # is HV118737 or the parts manual for this truck. I need the drag link for power assist and the female tie rod end that is on the steering cylinder to body passenger side. I need the exact part numbers as they can be cross referenced to new numbers.The truck has a 18500 lb front end.The problem I have come up against is its older than is in the computer so its in a microfiche slide that no one seems to want to check.There must be an archive for this information. Thank you for any help you can be.My truck is used daily and has been sitting since Dec 31 for its DOT sticker.

mitch504

I'm no help to you, but I'm curious. Does DOT there require matching numbers, or are you just trying to keep a cool older truck all original?

I have had thoughts of doing this with some of the older stuff I still make a living with ('71 Chevy C90, among others), but I decided I'd have to decide between fine restoration and daily operation.

Good Luck,
Mitch

Blaster

I'm no help to you, but I'm curious. Does DOT there require matching numbers, or are you just trying to keep a cool older truck all original?

I have had thoughts of doing this with some of the older stuff I still make a living with ('71 Chevy C90, among others), but I decided I'd have to decide between fine restoration and daily operation.

Good Luck,
Mitch

No but I need the original number to cross reference it to other years ot makes

amscontr

Occupation
Operating Engineer 520
Check out American Truck Historical Society Forum they have plenty of people on their that might be able to help you out.