• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

HELP! 9040b acting weird

bvfdfire

Occupation
project superintendent for highway heavy construct
greetings all! I've been a lurker here and posted once or twice, I've got an issue with my 9040b that just developed. Somehow the boom and swing controls are controlling the travel motors. Hopefully it is something simple? It just started all of the sudden; and no lines have touched that I'm aware of. Any help would gratefully appreciated.

bvfdfire

Occupation
The boom and stick are still functioning like they are supposed too; however, the track motors are creeping as well. Like they may be receiving pressure from the pilots?

AndrewC

I haven't worked on one of these excavators but if its like the rest of the equipment I have worked on it sounds like an internal leak of the pilot signal manifold to me.

Goose

Check the straight travel pedal, the far right one and make sure it is returning and staying in neutral and nothing is under the pedal keeping it partly stroked.

bvfdfire

Occupation
thanks guy! found the issue, sitting had caused the creep pedal to stick. little pb blaster and its good as new!