• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Heavy Equipment Repair Services - Accounting Software

jbrooks

Please help! :)

My company is currently looking to update their old DOS Accounting and CRM software programs. During my research I have had problems locating a solution that would work for a HE repair services company since our needs are so specific - We also sell parts and used equipment. We are also on a budget, so it's actually locating one that doesn't cost over $5k is what the main problem is...

Does anyone have any suggestions? If anyone works or owns a heavy equipment repair services comapny - what do you use? What have you used that you did NOT like?

We are currently looking at QuickBooks Enterprise 10.0 and Peachtree Quantum. We are hoping we might be able to customize one of those enough to meet our needs. Does anyone have any thoughts or reccommendations on either of those?

Anyone's help will be GREATLY appreciated!!

GOINGBROKE

Occupation
Diesel shop owner - truck, farm and heavy equipmen
We run diesel shop and service truck. Use profitboost, can get more info at profitboost.com. Is all web based so it is possible to acess in the field. There are different modules that can be added as needed. There pifpro if set up properly can help see the profit of each job, if I can be of any help drop a email.

RandyS

I use DealerTrax and while it does a great job on the equipment invoicing/tracking/inventory side, it does not do well on the accounting side. But it will export to QuickBooks.

Dinkum

I've had friends that have used DealerTrax and they've been pretty satisfied, although I believe that they were not happy with the accounting side either.