• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Heavy Duty Systems (Radio-Audiovox) HD-500

Big Dog Lowe

I have the HD-500 system and am having problems. It turns on and off, changes mode, changes channels, raises and lowers volume but no sound….however once in a blue moon I will get sound. (Lose connection) right. Does anyone have knowledge of these units? Do they have internal issues such as what I mention or do I need to chase something else? Thanks

gggraham

Occupation
Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
Audiovox always had problems with the interface. The old ones were a "card" That sat in a holder. They were always messing up. I kept 2 of them in my toolbox. The later versions weren't much more reliable always had problems. Might be great units in a car but I think all the bouncing around in heavy equipment takes it's toll pretty quick. We did have issues with the MUTE button on some units if it's the later version. I don't have a schematic for them.

Attachments

• JHD 910 - HD 500 3.png
    JHD 910 - HD 500 3.png
    803.3 KB · Views: 4
  • HD 500 head control.png
    HD 500 head control.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Last edited: