• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

HD 11 steering clutch- interchangeability

hi-ball

Hello
I have recently purchased a 1956 AC HD 11 the machine sat for 14 years
the steering clutches on the left side where full of diesel & other side full
of water. I should have taken some pictures it was quite a challenge to
load I finally had to grab my stinger truck to help it on the drop trailer.

Does anybody know if the steering clutches out of a 1955 AC HD 9 will swap?
according to the manuels the only difference is the HD 11 has 2 tapered discs
in the steering clutch pack.
Happy Dozing! Hi-ball.

kennymopar

had a similer problem with a 1942 allis chalmers HD7 i purchased a month ago..both steering clutchs were full of water(had been sitting for 10 odd years)while it was still on the guys farm we drained both and filled up with kerosene 1 side came free after driving the dozer forwards & backwards..the other side i wasnt so lucky

for your question it looks like your lucky with interchangability
click onto the link below

http://www.steeringclutch.com/

cheers ken

crayton

Occupation
Don't want one now, retired.
Hd11 steering clutch-interchange

Yes, the HD-9 steering clutches will interchange. Be carefull taking out the bolts around clutches,don't twist them off or you will have a mess. A little judicious heat applied will help a lot. Also fabricate an offset end wrench with a longer handle really makes the job moore pleasant. Find a repair book and check the height of the stack of discs. You can add some to get to specs. Take good care of the fuel pump, hard to get them fixed. Lots O luck.