• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Have your ever had a skidloader rollover

rare ss

I tipped a little toyota SDK over, dug abit of a ditch and dropped the front wheels into it so the weight of my body went onto the pedals causing the boom to go up which caused to thing to tip forward.. almost happened in slow motion and it ended up face down with the boom at full reach.. lucky it was soft sand cause i had to tunnel out to get a hand to flip it over before i got sprung haha didnt cost me a carton though so i got away with it!

JustForFun

I was running a long stick excavator digging a pond for my father and had my grandfather running my Case 1845 moving a couple sand piles for me. Everytime I looked he would be running around with the boom above the cab and the bucket full. I would stop get out and go yell at him and he would try to deny it. Then one time I spun the ex around to dump a load of mud and there he was standing beside me smoking a cigarette with my skid laying on its nose. I was able to crawl inside and belt myself into the seat. I then just used the starter to crank over the engine while I held the boom down handle. A few seconds of cranking and the boom pushed it right back on all four. I did have tell my grandfather to Park It and go up to the house before he got hurt or wrecked something. Thank goodness he listened and was wearing the seatbelt.

endofrunway

I was cleaning up around a trench and backed into the hole! I was sitting there looking straight up at the sky like an astronaut ready to blast off!! Luckily the drag box kept me from going all the way to the bottom.

yanmarman

Occupation
union ironworker
new holland 775 was digging shale got a little to close to edge of high wall left side wheels hanging on edge,well i go get my trusty international tractor to pull back up to where it would be safe.cuoldn;t move it , so now what i go see my brother to tell i need help after he gets off work. had couple of hours to kill just bought AC7580 185 hp tractor it will pull it. so i fire it up and got it on top of high wall just fit now lets get pulling right well i hook onto skidloader to give it a little pull. started to pull but something didn;t look right stopped and looked it over ay looks good only have to pull a couple of feet ok.well using a chain with slip hooks started pulling went about one foot and hokk pops off there she goes rolled completely over and landed upside down on its roof. well look who just pulled in my brother he was like why didn;t you wait on me just to much time on my hands i geust rolled her back over added two quarts of engine oil fired right up bent exhaust pipe a little other than that its ok worried about bom its good should have waited a little longer

hiniker88

yep im a bobcat mechanic and i was moving a dead machine with a versahandler. when i was backing up with it i hit a bump and it started shacking up and down a couple of times on the end and next thing i know it was on its side.

Tsanch

That is too funny! Given that nobody was hurt that is. The dealer should have NEVER said to just ride it out. In order to get these little machines to lift all they do all of their weight is on the back axle. Remove the 500-600 lb bucket and yes you have a machine that can hardly climb over a stone without popping a wheelie. Backing up works every time

gyman98

Seen a 743 rolled on its side, took forever to get the air out of the fuel, hydraulics came around fairly fast. Also seen a guy climbing hill with half a bucket in forward who hit a rock at the same time as full forward was pushed on the levers and put it over backwards. Seen a 863 go over front wards and land against a grade beam, guy was very lucky not to be impaled by rebar

pp13bnos

My gosh, after reading all these replys, I'm going to be a little more careful. Some of you guys are really lucky...

James R

Many years ago I saw a newbie operator dump a Bob cat on it's face. He was loading a dump truck and he had the loaded bucket all the way up before he was even close to the truck. Don't know just what happened but he probably just tried to stop his forward travel and it was enough to cause the thing to tip forward to where he was looking straight down. He unhooked the belt and came out the back window, wouldn't get back in it. I pulled it back over and on it's wheels with the backhoe/loader tractor I was operating.
The pictures of the tipped over trailer should be a reminder that we need to have at least 60% of the weight forward of the axles. I rode in a crew cab with a guy that was pulling a trailer with a Bobcat loaded bucket first, tail heavy trailer that started swaying side to side every time he got over 45mph. I was just a kid back then and had no idea why this was happening but it scared the heck out of me, thought for sure we were going to roll over. The driver was a kid too, a bosses son, and just couldn't resist the urge to try to go faster and we went though the oscillation thing each time. When we got to the shop I asked an old hand why the trailer was getting the side to side oscillation and he told me we had the weight distribution too heavy on the rear. Always loaded the back first after that, made the trailer stable and the machine kept all the wheels on the ground going up the ramp.

augerman

i have an 1845c and on my bucket tilt one piston is slower than the other, any clue what it is, i have no leaks

Dobbada

I know I can't count the rollovers and flips on one hand. The Bobcat rep always gave me a hard time. Told me he was going to get me a job in the R&D dept.

sws670

I carfully placed my 873 on its side on time and I swear it went in slow motion! I simply caught a root as I was turning out of the trecch I was digging and over I went!

tomcat7810

My mom flipped our jcb 165 robot because she was carrying a bucket full of gravel all the way up. She freaked and wouldn't move so my dad gave her a little bump with his backhoe lol

durallymax

flipped one off of a trailer a couple years ago. Pulling out of a field with a half load of bales and skid steer on the back of the trailer, trying to swing the corner enough to not knock over the farmers corn, wasn't enough room, trailer dropped off. Got the bright idea to unload the skid steer to push the trailer out. Started to rain as i unchained it. hadn't rained in awhile and we do oil our decks. Slid right off the side of the trailer and went ass over tea kettle into the ditch landing upside down.

Other one was when i was little. Picking rocks with an LS180 with a big bucket. Had a full back and went to dump into woods, as I was lifting to dump and driving forward, dropped off a little 1' ledge and it fell forward downhill. No luck working it back with the boom.

I hate NH seat belts with a passion and love our arm bars we now have, but when I flipped those two I was happy to have the belt.