• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Has anyone ever fabricated a blade to bolt on to a track loader?

Voodooburner

Just farm use, my roads are going to crap with all of the rain…seems a dozer would fix it ricky tick but I have a loader…thinking about buying a piece of maybe i beam..not sure something I could bolt onto the bucket for road smoothing…maybe I just need more experience running what I have

Welder Dave

Do you have a bolt on smooth edge on your bucket? Even with teeth you should be able to loosen the surface and back blade it either in float position or with a little down pressure on the high or packed parts.

grandpa

Take a length of 8 to 10 inch thick wall steel pipe a foot of two longer than your bucket is wide. Cut a slot full length but leave the last six inches on each end uncut so your cutting edge will slip right into the slot. Put that on the edge and away you go.

You can also put chains on the ends to hook to hooks welded on your bucket to keep it on.

If your loader linkage is badly worn, its still going to be a tougher task to level.

Last edited:

ippielb

Degelman-Strongbox-Bucket-Mount-510x358.png

images

Voodooburner

Do you have a bolt on smooth edge on your bucket? Even with teeth you should be able to loosen the surface and back blade it either in float position or with a little down pressure on the high or packed parts.
My bucket has big teeth so backing in float shreds the ground…this is sort of what I was thinking

Voodooburner

Take a length of 8 to 10 inch thick wall steel pipe a foot of two longer than your bucket is wide. Cut a slot full length but leave the last six inches on each end uncut so your cutting edge will slip right into the slot. Put that on the edge and away you go.

You can also put chains on the ends to hook to hooks welded on your bucket to keep it on.

If your loader linkage is badly worn, its still going to be a tougher task to level.
Not a bad idea, my loader pins and bushings are all new

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
I like Grandpa's idea. I caution that even a 6 way blade is NOT a miracle on a dozer. It is only as good as the operator. Smoothing out processed material is easy even with your machine. Smoothing native dirt is near impossible. If it were me I'd place & level the dirt with the loader, then buy or build a back blade for a tractor with gauge wheels. I see land levellers do a nice job, or even a good box blade will smooth things nicely.
I don't have a track loader, but I find I can do better backward with a smooth edge backhoe loader bucket back blading. I do have a dozer, but after shaping the road, smoothing is best done with backing up. My friend owns IH TD7e, he grew up in the seat. He climbs on the seat of my TD7G & lays down a surface smooth as a tennis court. He explains angle the blade a bit so tracks don't both dip into the same dip. Overlap a bit to where you can see the the corner of your blade pass over your last pass.
Every year after the tractor pull he climbs on my dozer, 1/2 hout it is ready for seed. I'd spend three hours, it wouldn't look as good.30 blocks.jpeg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Takes some practice but you can do it with your loader and bucket. I've finished many a SF of building pad and graded a lot of road footage with our 953C.

Actually a loader is handy if the road has a lot of potholes as you can use the teeth to scarify then re-grade and compact.

hseII

Just farm use, my roads are going to crap with all of the rain…seems a dozer would fix it ricky tick but I have a loader…thinking about buying a piece of maybe i beam..not sure something I could bolt onto the bucket for road smoothing…maybe I just need more experience running what I have

I bought the one In Minnesota- it’s now in Georgia- I’ll share additional pictures.

It’s ok, but a 6 way on a TD8-E/G is superior.

Attachments

• IMG_3701.jpeg
    IMG_3701.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 18