• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Has anybody else ran the 329's much

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
Nice machine. Looks brand new. Is it. Tell me about it and what you intend on using it for...........

coorecat

Yeah it's brand new but a 2008 we got it last year with only 12hrs on it, now has around 150hrs. I was looking at the new E35 with a cab but they needed to get rid of this bad boy I guess because it was a 2008. I picked it up for 23,000 and it listed for like 34 or 35 so I decide I didn't need the the E35 and cab that bad.The only thing I don't like about it is the travel is a little slower than a 331 but I'm not out there drag racing the thing either though
It will mainly be used to locate utilities out in front of my bigger hoes or do taps and run water services or repair work in treatment plants.I'm also looking at getting into doing footers and retaining walls to keep it busy with one of our skid steers an S220 when not doing utility work.

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
C-Cat,
Looks like you made a good decision and even a better buy in my opinion. I think they are a great mini excavator. I have rented them in the past many times and never had an issue. Plenty of power, easy to transport, they absoletely sip fuel, very quiet, just an all around nice machine to own and operate. It's OK if it moves a tad bit slower than an E35, charge by the hour and play that to your advantage. ha ha............Good luck with it ...... It's a really nice machine.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Changed the oil and ran my 11 year old 334 today tearing out concrete in a warehouse. Still producing and cranks when I need her.;)

coorecat

No the dealer didn't have one available at the time for this machine but when I get more into clearing and landscaping with it I'll get
one,right now I do a lot of utility locates with it and the thumb tends to get in the way.