• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hand Cleaners

ScottAR

I use Joe's hand cleaner at the house in the small bottles and power gold at work since they are buying... Great products...

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
One thing I forgot to mention about Power Gold, I have a dispenser mounted on the inside of rear door of service truck. Got pretty cold here last winter, well, maybe not as cold as our Canuck friends, but below freezing nevertheless. Had no affect on Power Gold, didn't freeze or change the product. :)

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
can of brake cleaner :D come on, everyone has used it at least once :tong

but usually Dawn, that's all I have at my farm besides the brake cleaner and well a bucket of that "Industrial Purple Cleaner".....but that will eat you skin off, does a great job on grime also :rolleyes:

View attachment 67695

once is enough as brake clean goes through your skin and into your blood stream.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
once is enough as brake clean goes through your skin and into your blood stream.

Yup, and consider this, most aerosol brake cleaners containg 15 - 20% (by weight) perchloroethylene...same chemical used in dry cleaning clothes. Powerful stuff. :yup

Cat Wrench

maybe thats whats wrong with me?

Well I thought that too but then I found out my mother tied my shoes to tight when I was a kid that explained all my problems, but hey at least I didn't become a truck driver?:eek:

Seriously brake clean is great for general parts cleaning but real bad for your health IF not used properly.

Coldfront

Occupation
Truck and equipment mechanic
Brake clean is bad JuJu never let it touch your skin. I have been to a dermatologist also for cracking and bleeding hands,and its no fun. I won't go near a parts cleaner tank anymore without good rubber gloves. Also I use Eucerin hand cream before I go to bed, I found it to be the best for dry skin, the jar with the white cream thick as paste. Screw all the other hand lotions they don't work worth a crap for serious dry skin.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Hate to admit I use hand cream but Neutrogena is my choice...

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
I have a lot of trouble with my hands cracking and dry itchy skin on my hands and arms. Every night I use moisturising hand cream, I try and use natural ones, but I really have'nt found anything to alleviate the problem. I have considered going to a dermatologist, but I really think it is one of those things, that comes with age, years of exposure to all sorts of nasties, over exposure to the sun, which we have plenty of here and in my case, years of working around crushing plants with limestone dust, that would dry anything out. I would love to hear if anyone has found a product that gives them some degree of satisfaction. These days, I wear gloves most of the time.

As for hand cleaners, we use Eagle One hand cleaner with eucalyptus and it would have to be one of the best hand cleaners I have used. It leaves your hands clean and dry with a mild eucalyptus smell. It is distributed by Valvoline here.

RnR.

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
In my business (hogs) the dirt is easy to deal with, but the smell is impossible to remove.

I have learned the trick is the odour molecules adhere to the oils i your skin. It can last for days.

So what i do is pre-oil. Use an oily skin cream before you get dirty, then dishwashing detergent after, and the smell washes right off.

In my industry, getting the smell off your hands is serious business.

bill5362

Occupation
I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
Here is the best that I have found, I have used GOJO different varieties of ZEP and the work ok, but the Bear Paw hand cleaner is the best, you just need water. The best ever, would recommend highly.

http://www.bearpawhandcleaner.com/

norite

Barrier cream.

Amazing stuff, hands clean up easy, grime washes right off.

I like PR99, just have to remember to put it on my hands before they get dirty.

crayton

Occupation
Don't want one now, retired.
Keep a bar of Don Maximo soap from Mexico at the sink at home. think it's like Grandmas Lye Soap but really cleans the cracks and fingernails. A bar will last a long time, not melt away like soap you buy here.

koldsteele

Occupation
Owner Heavy Equipment Mechanic
I like Zep products pretty good ..When it comes to gettin that "wore in" grease off it I take bleach and a rag and hot water works pretty good.

HEO Girl

Here, there, and everywhere in Maine and beyond
Occupation
Fence & Guardrail Installation
Brake clean is bad JuJu never let it touch your skin. I have been to a dermatologist also for cracking and bleeding hands,and its no fun. I won't go near a parts cleaner tank anymore without good rubber gloves. Also I use Eucerin hand cream before I go to bed, I found it to be the best for dry skin, the jar with the white cream thick as paste. Screw all the other hand lotions they don't work worth a crap for serious dry skin.

Eucerin also makes Aquaphor which isn't a white creme but kinda like what Vaseline looks like. My dads used that with good success. You can even use it as chapstick.

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
I like Zep products pretty good ..When it comes to gettin that "wore in" grease off it I take bleach and a rag and hot water works pretty good.
huh, Zep must not be that good if ya got to use bleach afterwards...:beatsme

clay digger

Occupation
Farmer
The best solution to dirt in the deep cracks is to do dishes for your wife for at least a half an hour with good hot water.... does wonders for your marriage too.