• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Guy Stops by the Shop:

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
Pumped this tank down to sucking air and it performs well leaving just a little in the bottom. The fuel was transferred to my transfer tank in my pickup and I then pumped the fuel into the dozer tank which is now about five gallons shy of full.

With the tank now empty as I can make it with the pickup tube, I'll open another valve down low to drain off any accumulated water or sediment. This was used as a gravity tank and has another filter on the former output they used. After I know this tank is clean I'll remove this apparatus and install a ball valve to be used as a drain only. With a street elbow installed into the ball valve pointed downwards, it will be an easy drain setup should it be needed and not be a "knee knocker" hopefully.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
Got the new vented tank fill port, and the level gauge installed this afternoon. Stuck a tape measure down the bung and just about an inch of fuel from the bottom remains. Going to drain this down to nothing as what come out of that discharge down low smell terrible and is nasty brown.

20240207_122754.jpg

Former vent:

20240207_122936.jpg

Now awaiting a fuel drop and should be set.