• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grease Guns

Aussie Leroy

I saw one of those accordion tubes once. It came in the toolbox of a grey market machine. Kept it for a souvenir for awhile. Never seen one since.

Ron VG; Great concept don't know why we don't have them down under !!!

akkamaan; thats the same style, but the ones i saw arn't colored

Cheers Leroy

si25

Occupation
On site maintenance engineer
grease guns are old fashioned, no question about it. but as the old saying goes, "if it aint broke, dont fix it." as some have said though, grease guns are all about coin. the more you pay, the better you get. i have 2 manual CAT branded grease guns. one with a flexy end, one rigid. both are superb, rarely airlock and are easy to prime. also just arrived today was my new snap on 18v greasegun, not sure how it will perform but it looks the business.

possibly a little devoid form the subject of why wont someone build a new grease gun/applicator. but, there ae now greaselessbushes available. they say, that they out last conventional bushes, even if they are grease daily. we all know that some grease points get missed or forgotton about, thats assuming the operator even greases them!
call me old fashioned, but i wont hear a word of it! if it moves grease it. simple rule and i stick to it.

RobVG

Occupation
17 excavators and a stewpot of other stuff
This seems like a good place to post this.

I'm rather chuffed as the English would say. Noticed the tracks were sagging on my boss's Zaxis 160. Knowing who butters my bread, I tried to adjust them. Both zerks were worn down so the grease just squirted from the coupler.

Looked at the parts book to see if I could get just the nipple. No breakdown. Called the parts counter, "Yup, you cant' get those seperately". I knew that because I've tried before. But the nipple came out with a 7mm.

Took the valve out and brought it with me and said, "Show me your zerk collection." I found a fitting with about the same size nipple and took it out to the truck and removed it. It threaded about 1/4 turn into the old valve and then I rammed it down tight.

Long story short, it worked. Adjusted the tracks and slammed the idlers in to some rocks to see if they'ed blow off. Still ok.

I did buy a new valve at $30 just incase the fix didn't work. The Zerk was $1.

Attachments

• zerkW.jpg
    zerkW.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 198