• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Government Telehandler

Bigfooteq

Looking into buying an Army surplus JLG SkyTrak 6000m, from an individual, for 18k. The motor runs like a sewing machine, everything appears to work. The hoses look decent. Tires look good. It is a 1990 model with 1820 hrs. It's actually the green one in the background of the photo. Is this a good deal? Thanks

Attachments

• telehandler1.JPG
    telehandler1.JPG
    881.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Bigfooteq

Seem to recall the one we had having a backstop on the forks
Yes, I've seen those. I will mostly be using it as a "crane" and when I do use the forks, most of the time it will be used to move things like brush mowers etc. Not much pallets of small stuff which can fall off the back. Did you like your machine?

IceHole

Yes, I've seen those. I will mostly be using it as a "crane" and when I do use the forks, most of the time it will be used to move things like brush mowers etc. Not much pallets of small stuff which can fall off the back. Did you like your machine?
Was when I was in the USAF. We used it mostly for emptying out conexs

skata

They are old. Can only lift 30ft, and only 6000 lbs rated.
I would not pay 18k for a 30+ year old relic

Bigfooteq

Ok, discovered the main boom ram is leaking pretty bad. It would take a few thousand to have it fixed. I passed on it.