• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Got Cat 24M pics!

Occupation
CONSTRUCTION SURVEYOR
Since this thread was dug up, did anyone notice in the 4th pic, the articulation indicator shows about 1/2 left, but in all the outside pics, the machine is straight?
Looks like the same problem as almost all the other blades I have ran. I think the gauge is useless. I just use the mirrors to center my machine, as only 1 in 10 I have been on worked right.

No need on the M since their is an auto straightening button. Run forward articulated and when you switch to reverse hit the button and it lines right up.

JDOFMEMI

No need on the M since their is an auto straightening button. Run forward articulated and when you switch to reverse hit the button and it lines right up.

I recon it does, as long as the built in indicator is correct, but what happens when it goes out of whack, and the auto straightening leaves you at some undetermined angle?

I will still rely on my eyballs in the mirror to tell me I am really straight. Like I said, they mostly all work when they are new, but on older blades, only about 1 in 10 are accurate.

Haul-Pak

Yep Left Hand Joystick, Auto Straighten Button. That machine might need the Travel lock taken off it and the system callibrated before it's put to work. (The Transport Lock ... Lock's the Articulation system and a few other Function's)

The Auto centre is regulated buy lever switches on the lower Pivot Point, Not the Indicator in the cab.

I for one, thought the mech might be damaged but never had any problem that I know of.

Last edited: