• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Good healthy carnage

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
The pinion gear lost about three teeth, chewed up the ring gear pretty good too.

I can't say I really know how to mess with the pics much, I just point the phone at it and click.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Two drivers at The Yard, front bumpers crumpled since I left last time, less than year. Come to find out Two Each under a year. Tires holed in less than three days on trucks. One Western Star tractor Air Disc brake, 6th steer axle seals(both) in under a year, Five on drives. 120,000yr truck.

Truck Shop

How exactly does a driver wipe out axle seals?
A problem built into air disc-Heat. The cavity where the seal is small plus the rotor is tucked inside
the drop center of wheel. Which allows for very little cooling through the rotor veins. Depending
on brake usage the seals cook, especially the National type OEM. Air disc works in some applications,
out here in many cases trucks are spec'd with disc on the steer drum on tag and drive. My experience
with air disc-it's definitely not cost effective in a fleet-OO maybe.

ahart

Rear idler on a D6N, they finally quit when one side of the idler shaft was completely worn off and the idler kicked sideways. Something tells me they heard it making noise before it got to this point. Frame had to be welded up and new dowel holes drilled.
69DF96B9-4ADA-472A-B1EA-D570F149AA64.jpeg