• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie TMZ50 towable boom lift gremlins - any help greatly appreciated

Housedoc

I have an ex-rental unit with 2300 hours on it. I Bought it about 4 years ago, and it had about 2200 hours then. It is a T5001 gasoline powered model. I have performed a lot of work on it of late, as it seems as if everything is going wrong at once. I replaced the motor. Resealed the hydraulic seals on the primary and secondary lift cylinders. I replaced the membrane touch pads on both the ground and platform controls. It has the blue circuit boards, of note. Now the problems.
1. The ground control pad has never functioned to maneuver the platform, no response to any inputs. ? somehow intentionally disabled on a rental unit or something else?
2. The outriggers will only intermittently work. If I turn the key to the center off position and retry it several times, it will finally respond to button inputs. When I can get it to work, it works without any hiccups. When I turn the key to the ground controls, each time it does respond with the usual lights and pressurization of the lines, but takes several on/off cycles of the key to get it to respond to touchpad inputs to raise and lower the outriggers.
3. The platform controls on the platform now do not work at all. I just replaced the touchpad, as it seemed as if a few buttons were stuck and maybe were shorting. Before I replaced the touchpad, It would only raise and lower the basket intermittently and would not rotate. Furthermore, some functions were so fast as to be violent, such as raising and lowering the basket itself. Now nothing. I very carefully replaced the touchpad, fully seated the blue connector, etc. and checked the wire connections.

I have checked the dip switches, and from my manual, I believe that I should have 5,6,and 7 in the off position (no drive mechanism and not dual power model). Is there perhaps some unifying explanation for what's going on? Is there software that I can get to test for faults? Seems mostly an electronic problem,but I don't want to replace the blue circuit boards unless clearly the problem.
The local shops show no interest in fixing a privately owned unit. The last time I brought it to them, they took 6 MONTHS to fix the outrigger cylinders! Will Genie look at the control units if I ship them?
Thanks in advance for any help figuring this out!
George

Housedoc

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I have changed both the base and basket touch pads, no go. I am wondering if one of the circuit boards are fragged. If so, which one?
Does anyone have access to the testing software for the unit? How about circuit board repair? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.