• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie TMZ-50/30 Man lift with no power

Snype32

Does flashes = error codes? If so I get 0021, 0023, 0025, 0027, 0029, 0031, 0033, 0035, 0037, 0039, 0041, 0045, 0047, 0049, 0051, 0053, 0055, 0059, 0061. All indicate open coil. At this point I'm leaning towards circuit board, but not sure which one. Seems odd that everything works from the basket controls. Except the outriggers of course. From the ground control, I can only move one, and its backwards.

Txhayseed

So Whats going backwards from the ground controls ? The outriggers ? If your working from the basket id would probably call it the pcb for ground controls is bad.

Snype32

The one outrigger that I can move retracts when I press extend, and extends when I press retract. I wonder if it's hydraulic lines were reversed at some point. As for the ground control PCB, that's the cpu board.

Jeff14889

The one outrigger that I can move retracts when I press extend, and extends when I press retract. I wonder if it's hydraulic lines were reversed at some point. As for the ground control PCB, that's the cpu board.
Could be as simple as the coils put on wrong or connected to the wrong wiring. Up wiring connected to down, and down connected to up.

Txhayseed

Sorry been a busy few days.. Like jeff said it could be the coils or wiring is flip flopped. Have you got any further along in getting it wrapped up ?

Snype32

Sorry, i didn't see this update till just now. I haven't gotten any further with this machine. Very frustrating. The wiring could be swapped on the one, but even if it is, that wouldn't cause all the other issues i don't think. Not sure what else to check at this point

Thanks!

Snype32

I did swap the wires, so now the outrigger moves correctly, but I don't know that its right, because I cant move the other ones yet. That all seems like a small issue compared to the rest of it.

Snype32

This this is starting to drive me nuts. I need to get it out of my shop. Is there really no way to manually lift the outriggers besides cracking hydraulic lines?

Txhayseed

You can give it an alternative power source to the switches from the battery via jumper wires just to active the lift coil.

Snype32

Ah, I might try that, thanks! As far as getting this machine working again, are we thinking it's the boards at this point? Anything else I could try?

Thanks for all the help.

Snype32

Ok, thx for all the input. I'm thinking boards at this point too. Not sure which one at this point.

You getting things sorted out your way? Sounds like the weather there was a bit challenging for a while.

One other curiosity I have found. I propped up the outrigger feet so that the switches are on, so the unit thinks they are down. When I switch it over to the basket controls, everything seems to work. The unit is in my shop, so I cant move it far, but it all moves. So I would assume that rules out the solenoid coils? It still flashes all the same codes.

Did you ever figure this out? Im chasing a similar issue in my Genie scissor lift. Thank you!