• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie TMZ 34/19 Error Code "0000"

Engineering

Whats going on with it?

Generally unit turns on with no errors. Motor Control does not function with using keypad. Bypass motor control (effectively hot wire the pump motor to battery power) and keypad will actuate all functions except the following: Auto Level (Unknown issue), Rotate (Brake probably not releasing). I've bench tested the motor control and am confident it's not working. Bench testing included placing control voltage 0-5Vdc to the control pins resulting in no output on the high current terminals. I'm sending the unit out for 2nd opinion and rebuild if necessary.

So, I'm taking a systematic approach to getting the unit back online before bringing back to Genie dealer for re-cert. I put in new correct batteries, repaired damaged basket connection, and confirmed all E-Stop and Limit Switches (one leveling pad limit needs to be replaced but is connected to diagnostic toggle switch for now). Don't really know how to test the limit switch or level sensor. Can't find schematic for level sensor and am afraid to bench test since I don't know the theory of operation and dont wanna fry it is it's good. $600+ part, Yikes!

Would love to be able to connect to the controls to validate they are all functional. That's why I'm looking for the software...