• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie Boom lift circuit board repair

Green Acres

Do you see something obviously wrong on the board?
No the control boards look undamaged. One morning there were several drops of water on top of the membrane for the lower control panel. It functioned perfectly that day. The next day when the key was turned on the only response was clicks and lights. The next times is was silent. I have been unable to look at it again till now. Do you have any experience with this?

skata

No the control boards look undamaged. One morning there were several drops of water on top of the membrane for the lower control panel. It functioned perfectly that day. The next day when the key was turned on the only response was clicks and lights. The next times is was silent. I have been unable to look at it again till now. Do you have any experience with this?
No experience with that genie, but some general circuit board experience. Wondering if you could see anything burnt, swollen capacitors, or burnt fuses.

chidog

All you had to do is dry that board before putting power to it. Technicians wash them in a water solution at times.
I would carry some alcohol to spray on the unpowered wet board to dry it. Then maybe a hair drier to make sure before adding the power. If the board doesn't have a conformal coating then yes things like resistors can be damaged by being left a long time with water on them. The main key is no power to a wet board.

fastline

I do a lot of electronics work. Would help to post a couple pics of board and where water was. If it got in potentiometers, they can get flaky. Water can also get under DIP chips and hard to dry. If at all possible, remove board and put in an oven at low heat for a few hours. Talking like 125F or so.