• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gehl

crosswind

I have a Gehl 66?? (1995) that will not start. It is sitting out in my field , used it for about 20 min,shut it off and now it has no power to the starter solenoid and will not crank.
I am an auto mechanic by trade but not much experience with the heavy equipment.
Is there a way I can tow this machine back to the house/shop without damaging it???
I am aware that it has some solenoids on the hyd. system for safety. Could one of these be an issue???
Thanks for any help.

After looking at this machine again,I think mine problem is also related to the left hand joy stick.
My question is 1. I tried to jump the posts at the starter and still get a no crank condition. 2. Is there a way I can by-pass or disable the left hand joy stick soleniod to enable this machine to crank.

Sorry , not trying to highjack the thread but I am new to the forum and it won't let me start a new thread.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I ned to get this machine out of my field and back up to the house and shop so I can fix it properly.

Last edited:
Might sound stupid, but have you checked the battery and connections to the starter. Did you make sure that the controls were in the neutral position like they talked about, and the lap bar is down. I had a teacher that told me "KISS-Keep It Simple Stupid"

:duh