• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gehl RT210

crane operator

Local used equipment dealer has a gehl RT 210 for sale. Its close to the size I want.

He said that the gehl is a takeuchi with different paint, but I don't think the 210's are one of those. It says Manitou on the tag, and its yanmar powered.

Anybody familiar with these particular machines- good or bad? We will be primarily using it with forks, and minor bucket work. Not everyday moving dirt.

He's got a Deere 331 also, but its windowed cab and door and $15,000 more $$, with similar hours. A open cab is fine for us, and actually probably better considering our use as forklift- at least you can climb out if you need to with the forks up a little ways, the deere you cant' open the door.

He's got kubota 75's and a couple different bobcats and the newer case's also. I would like a bigger machine for carrying capacity to set my steel crane mats. 85-100hp with 3- 5,000lbs carry capacity.

I don't really need the loader, it would be handy about 6-10 times a year. And if we had one, I'm sure we would find ways to use it.

IMG_5351.JPG

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Yea that Gehl is made by Gehl, not Taki. I would pass on it. If your using it mostly as a forklift, I am not sure why you want the high hp? That hp range puts you in DEF. Which I personally don't have much issue with (I have had one DEF issue in the last 5 DEF machines I have had), but I work the machines pretty hard moving dirt. If I didn't need the hp, I would probably get a 75 hp machine.

My owners experience is with CASE so I will go there, I would see if they have a 370B. It has 75 hp, no DPF like Kubota engines have, it runs DOC instead. It has a ROC of 3700 pounds of lift at 50% (they will work a lot more than that). There are other good options of different OEM's, this one I am personally very familiar with.

crane operator

Yea that Gehl is made by Gehl, not Taki. I would pass on it. If your using it mostly as a forklift, I am not sure why you want the high hp? That hp range puts you in DEF. Which I personally don't have much issue with (I have had one DEF issue in the last 5 DEF machines I have had), but I work the machines pretty hard moving dirt. If I didn't need the hp, I would probably get a 75 hp machine.

My owners experience is with CASE so I will go there, I would see if they have a 370B. It has 75 hp, no DPF like Kubota engines have, it runs DOC instead. It has a ROC of 3700 pounds of lift at 50% (they will work a lot more than that). There are other good options of different OEM's, this one I am personally very familiar with.

I really just look for the higher hp ones, because they weigh more and then lift more. My full stack of regular steel mats is 5,000lbs. I can split that in half if I need to, but would prefer not to.

If I bring my big steel mats, they are 3,500- 4,400lbs each. 6'x7'x 10" tall. So they are out there on the tips of the forks.

I'm not opposed to older without def. And I'm not going to use it enough to wear it out. Probably like to spend between 20-30,000.

I've kind of decided I want tracks though. I came close to buying a 95xt, but if I'm going to only have one, I think I'm going for the less ground pressure of the tracks, to keep from tearing up the ground too much. And there are times I can see us using it in a yard setting equipment when we can't get a crane in there.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The 95XT or 465 will lift like crazy, I have owned both. The factory chained the back of the machine and it would lift 11K. Not saying that is practical, since it was chained, just saying the lift on those was incredible. You could put OTT on them like the Loegrening Trail Blazers I had and it would give you the weight distribution and the tracks add at least another 500 pounds of lift capacity to the machine. You can also put larger tires on those machine and that will decrease ground PSI. Your price point will probably make it hard to find a dedicated track machine with that kind of lift.

crane operator

I may go that route, I've seen some loegering set ups for sale used. I think the 95xt would give me the lift and reliability I'm looking for.

I did see a 465 series 3 a while back, I guess they have a better fine control than the ones that aren't series 3?

Precision placement is way more important to us, than cycle speed. The 331 I ran yesterday was a big old girl, with performance to match, but its also over $40,000. Which I really can't justify for no more than I am going to use it.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The 3 series is pilot controlled not servo like the old ones, so the controls will be easier. They are hard to find they came out in 08 and were replaced with the Alpha series in 2011. There were not a lot of machines sold between 08-2010. The thing to watch is the pattern that it comes with. There was a kit to change from H to ISO or the other way around. If you find a series 3 make sure it has the pattern you want. I am not sure if those conversion kits are still around.

apetad

Occupation
Compact Construction Equipment Sales

RT210 does not use def fluid, has DPF & DOC only.

apetad

Occupation
Compact Construction Equipment Sales
That looks to be a brand new paint job, check under cab for RUST!!!!!