• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gehl CTL-80 Won't move

buzcoats

Just to keep everyone updated, I have been overseas for the past year. I am back now and just started trying to fix this again.

I found the wires going to the solenoid and check the solenoid for continuity and it checked good, then I checked to see if the switch was getting power and it isn't. I checked with the safety bar down, etc. and still nothing.

I'm guessing it could be a bad relay or a bad ground. I think I'm going to just try to wire power directly to the solenoid to see if that will get the machine moving. I'll keep you updated because I needed this thing going yesterday!!!!

loaderman18

on mine we found the wires on the right side of the of the cab that went to the door safety switch the person that had it before by passed it the door safety switch by connecting them back together but under the cab the the wires got cut into I guess from raising and lowering the cab or the vibration of it but we reconnected the wire and everything worked like it was supposed to. Idk if you checked right there but we had the same problem and hopefully that is what's causing yours and you get it fixed good luck

buzcoats

I did check the door safety and wires but they looked good.

I have a solenoid relay showing up today. I'm going to try it and I'll let you know what happens.

buzcoats

Just an update. The machine is now running again. The new solenoid wasn't the problem. After installing the new relay and it still didn't work and I didn't know what else to do. I then just checked all the connections to all the relays and shoved them all in. I'm not sure if it was combination of things or not but it is working now. Maybe a connector was loose or maybe it was the relay and I didn't know it, I'm not sure. But hopefully it stays working, if not, I'll let you guys know. Thanks for the help.