• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gear oil recommendation

Welder Dave

There's a reason they specify certain oils for different components. The fact that tests Nige and co did showed significant difference through sampling should be enough reason to want to use the best lubricant rather than a good enough lubricant. No matter how simple or low speed, gear boxes still fail and pulling a swing gearbox isn't the funnest thing to do.

Tyler d4c

When you have a digger worth $5m a copy it focuses the mind wonderfully about what lubricants you put into it. Personally I would do the same for one that cost $100k but maybe that's me being anal.
I try to get the right stuff for some old pile of junk I bought at a sale with a tree growing out of it.. no use trashing stuff over improper lubercans