• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Galion T500 Tranny Slip

valleyforge

Occupation
Part time Excavator, Tractor and Grader Operator
My Galion T500 has worked faithfully for nearly a dozen years, but it has started to slip badly in the forward direction. Reverse still works just fine, but you can't get all that much done going in that direction. The transmission fluids are filled to the top of the inspection port with ATF.

I am uncertain if the problem is the transmission or the torque converter.

Some older transmissions have the an adjustment capability, but I don't think this one does.
This is a Grade-o-Matic, with a Cummins engine and a T500A chassis.
Has anyone any suggestions?

max mac

the T500A has a Clark transmission with a driveshaft between the converter and the transmission. Place in forward gear and lower blade to stall machine. If the wheels aren't turning but the driveshaft is, then the transmission is slipping. If the wheels aren't turning and the driveshaft isn't turning then it is the converter

Silveroddo

the T500A has a Clark transmission with a driveshaft between the converter and the transmission. Place in forward gear and lower blade to stall machine. If the wheels aren't turning but the driveshaft is, then the transmission is slipping. If the wheels aren't turning and the driveshaft isn't turning then it is the converter

Thanks for that description. Not having any issues buts its a useful bit of information