• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Galion T-600-C

FirstEliminator

Hi,
Last year I bought a Galion 118. Long story short, it needed and still needs some TLC. Loose joints, engine repair and some other stuff. After looking at more grader features and videos, I decided I really wanted a scarifier attachment. About a month ago I found a parts 118 grader with a scarifier. I was going to buy the whole machine to make one out of the two. Dragging my feet gave the seller time to fiddle around and he got the engine running. So, he decided to keep it for now. With my online equipment search addictions never letting up, I happened to find a new Galion---they claim 1988. It's a T-600-C. In much nicer condition than my 118. Plus, it has a scarifier, hydraulic blade pitch, the hydraulic pin for offsetting the circle, good running engine. The only thing in common is neither grader has brakes. There is a little TLC needed on this one, but not a lot.
The 118 will be for sale sometime soon.
What are the thoughts on a T-600-C?

Welder Dave

Price, repair budget, tires and overall condition and parts support need to be considered. Have you looked at any other brands? Some pics would help. What engine is in it?

Welder Dave

It looks pretty good. Should give you good service if you look after it. Can we ask what you paid?

Welder Dave

$7500 is a great price! Too bad it cost so much to get it too you. I'm not the best at negotiating. When I looked at the Champion grader I bought it was listed for $16,500. We kind of settled at $15,000 and then the seller asked how I was going to get it to my property. I said I might know someone that can haul it and if not I'd just drive it (about 2 hours). He said how about $15,500 delivered and I agreed. I should have tried to get the delivery included but $500 wasn't worth fussing about. The truck he delivered it with was very pimped out. Could have been a show truck.

FirstEliminator

I'm not a great negotiator either. My problem is I get emotionally involved and think I can fix and save everything. I see more good in stuff than bad. The times when I have walked away were definitely a win. Glad to keep my money and glad to not adopt a giant headache of endless work. But, I think I did pretty well on this. The grader was about 3.5 hours from where I live. I trucker didn't get in until pretty late. He advised not to do it on that day because of rain, sleet, snow and salted roads. But, I wanted to get it over with quickly. He went out and some of the trip back was slow going due to weather. Then I spent an hour washing the grader. It cleaned up pretty well. If I wasn't so busy in my shop I would fiddle around with the Galion and take more pics. Hopefully this weekend.

FirstEliminator

IMG_20230121_163528833.jpg IMG_20230121_163435560.jpg After about 10 days i finally found some time in the day light to fiddle around with the T-600-C. I checked the fluids, topped off the trans and hydraulic fluid. The old 118 has a manual trans, the T-600-C is automatic. The auto is a bit easier to use in a confined space like where i am working. It was fun to use and i hope to use it again soon. Here are some pics of the 600 and the 118.