• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Galion 125 crane, rotary valve takes 10 of #8 and one of #7 there's 10 grooves on the cylinder, where does #7 oring go?

Cmark

My best guess is that it goes at the bottom as a dust seal and someone has got the callouts in the parts book mixed up. Is there any kind of counterbore or chamfer in the bottom of the outside housing?

Also, I think this may the first time I've seen a swivel with plain O rings for the main sealing areas. Where I have seen ones with O rings, they have been as expanders for square section seals. Much like the two-piece piston seal on a hydraulic cylinder.

1707728420794.png

I studied the drawing and I've come to the conclusion it goes on top to seal the inside diameter of the barrel and the other one goes on the top OD of the cylinder to seal debris from ingress through the top plate hole in its center