• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fuel injector pump leaks at throttle shaft

oceanobob

Occupation
general contractor
I posted this in the general information but the fuel injection pump is on a circa 1990 Case 580K skip loader (2wd).
The fuel drips (notably I may add) from the point where the throttle shaft enters the pump. The local shop will recommend to pull the pump, do a rebuild and reinstall and typically would also pull the injectors for testing and a nozzle kit and shimming as required. I typically prefer to do all that as it brings an old combination of parts up to a newer smooth operating condition, but many times there simply isn't budget money ... thus I am tasked [with asking] if just the pump cap can be removed and the seal replaced? Or maybe pull the seal [only] with a trick seal puller from the "tool sale truck" after removing the lever arm?
P7010496.JPG
P7010497.JPG