• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fuel injector pump leaking

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Jim, What your asking is WAY to involved to type out.. a complete reseal/ overhaul procedure ?? There are manuals for that type of thing.. they are available.. online..
Someone posted a link somewhere for the printed procedure for free, I just don't have the link at my finger tips tho..

Jim Kennedy

Hi thepumpguysc. Thank you for your reply. My two tractors start reasonably and run well but leak fuel around the rear of the pump so I think seals must be leaking inside. Before I buy seal kits I would just like to know what's involved in
dismantling these pumps, fitting seals and re-assembly. I'm not looking at complete overhaul.

Jim

thepumpguysc

Occupation
There is an oring that seals the head in the main hsg.. but inorder to get to it, you have to remove the top cover so you might as well reseal it.. then remove the 2 hold-down screws that have copper gaskets under them, then the head locating screw has to be removed that has orings on it.. 4 more seals and its an overhaul..
Best to get a manual..

aLittleDog4Life

Dunngee

I have a Case 1845C with a fuel leak at the throttle shaft seal. Any chance I can get step -by-step instructions and part #s needed. Looks like thepumpguysc is the man that can provide this info.

Dunngee

It's a Lucas CAV. Best I can make out of the numbers:
U3042F330
21270052GE? (U or O)
A40L900-5-2300
Does this help?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Instructions and part #'s sent to your email address..
btw> I don't sell parts.. 100's on places on the web.. ebay.. look up, DPA top cover gaskets.

aLittleDog4Life

Would you please send me the instructions and part numbers to reseal the injection pump on my 70's Ford 4500. At least the information for the throttle shaft seal. It has the Lucas/CAV pump.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
The mini kit is sold on eBay or Amazon.. it’s not an actual kit from the manufacturer but rather a kit someone put together to reseal the top cover and comes with all the gaskets and Orings..
U can find them for, between 9.-12.00 w free shipping..
Just search CAV throttle leak..
If u want to reseal the whole pump, the gasket kit # is:: 7135-110. which comes with the top cover seals and gaskets.

Jim Kennedy

Hi, I tried to send you some information but your email was rejected as not found. So there is a very good step by step 58 minute Youtube video for a man in Queensland Australia. So type in:
(CAV Injection Pump full strip down and stop fuel leaks).

I also can send you via dropbox a manual that explains it. So could you please send me your email address. Please remember the address you posted above did not work.
grapeman677@gmail.comq

Jim.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Jim, have U actually used that video and had success.??!!
It has quite the opposite effect.!!
I’ve gotten more work from people that watched that, “step x step” video than any advertising I could ever do.!!

Tinkerer

Hi, I tried to send you some information but your email was rejected as not found. So there is a very good step by step 58 minute Youtube video for a man in Queensland Australia. So type in:
(CAV Injection Pump full strip down and stop fuel leaks).

I also can send you via dropbox a manual that explains it. So could you please send me your email address. Please remember the address you posted above did not work.
grapeman677@gmail.comq
Jim.
.comq is not a valid address. If you leave the q off, it will probably be delivered.