• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Forestry mulcher fuel consumption question

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
3208 injectors shouldn't have a return line just the injection pump does and it is important for cooling the injection pump.

mitch504

Some years back I was restoring a grader with a 6-71 in it. It had the same problem with the filthy fuel tank, (the top of the behind-the-seat tank was full of rust holes) so I put a homemade 2 gallon tank on it. It had sat for about 10 years so I was making all new hydraulic hoses and repairing many parts of it. I kept using the little tank to move it in and out of the shop and was astonished how much fuel it was burning. One day I drove it out and blew a steering hose and having no brakes the front axle rolled into a 4' deep ditch. When it hit bottom, I found out where all my fuel had gone! All that fuel poured over my back!

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Looks fine to me.. at least you had the smarts to strap it down.. some of the "rigs" I'v seen while out on service calls, would make your head spin.. lol

Welder Dave

Lets see some more pics of the machine in action! Be neat to see the machines that the monster trucks tires were actually made for.

Welder Dave

The head looks small for the size of the machine but they use a lot of power. That's a nice looking D6C too.

wrwtexan

Occupation
Indy Farm Wrench, heavy land clearing, rancher
It originally had a shreddere style head on it but some time in its life it was converted to a drum style which seems to likely take way more power to run as it won't keep it turning in really heavy stuff. Thanks on the D6. That's my Catillac :D.