• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ford LCF VS sterling bullet

minibin

Occupation
Owner minibins.com
Hey Guys!
Business is OK I am busier than some of the other guys out there but I got to say it's just OK. I am looking at ways to diversify and ways that I can control my bin demand by getting into contracting. Specifically hardscaping. I don't have the ultimate solution but I do believe I have the ultimate swiss army knife of trucks.

As far as advertising I have found that I havn't got the response from our local papers. I get alot of low end goofs calling. The wrap has worked well for me and has seemed to help the apperance of me being a bigger company. This weekend I am building a billboard to put up on my local car wash and I am going to park a bin under it so people can see my product. I'll post some pics when I am done(next week). I am going to cancel my ad in the paper and try this for a few months. I am hoping the same people driveby everyday and one day the will call. I am trying the "weekend Special" price which will be my price minus the dump fee to make it seem cheaper So instead of 350/15yard it will be $249 WEEKEND SPECIAL (plus dump fees)
I will let you know how it goes, but keep the ideas going. I could use the help!

Bret

Attachments

• truck 006.jpg
    truck 006.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 433

bins

Business is doing ok for me also. It has picked up but not enough. I will not be happy until I am getting out 15 cans a week. Right now I am getting out about 6 or 7 a week. I am going to have to order another truck load of 20s in the next couple of weeks b.c as of today I only have 1 available.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
minibin, if the people in your area are anything like they are here, expect to be emptying that bin at the car wash on a regular basis. I know here it would fill quickly, it might be more trouble than it's worth.

cat320

Charter Member
truck looks good .
as far as bussiness I think probably a good idea in that it will get your name out there and let people know who you are like steve said might be a pain in the behind but every container parked somewhere with your log is an ad. so you hussel around right now get your name out there then you can be competative with rates. I don't know who the big trash guys are out your way because you have to think alot of people all ready know them and call just because they see there trucks all over kinda the point i was trying to make with your bins all over .

minibin

Occupation
Owner minibins.com
Steve

good point, but I am gong to put one of my bins with a solid top. ( see picture on page 2)

That should slow them down.

Bret

cat320

Charter Member
so how long is that wrap good for? before it starts to fade or peel . do you have to wax like regular car finish? can it be spliced if you had to get bodie work done?

minibin

Occupation
Owner minibins.com
They say five years so I am guessing 3 years. It's really thick, and it can be patched if I get body work. They say that when removed it will have proteced my paint = as new.

If I get three years out of it I will have got my money's worth.

2600 / 36 months = $72 month Look on my competitors face priceless.

72 a month is cheap advertising, well have to see how it holds up.

Bret

cat320

Charter Member
I think we paid a little less than that maybe around $2,200 back in '98-'99 for vinyl lettering on 3 sides of our cube van but it did not wrap all parts of the truck. interesting idea I have seen them around here but never talked to anyone who actualy had one done .I always thought it would harm the paint by not letting it breath . It does make your truck a one of a kind ad when driving by.

bins

If I had known that your setup could carry that much weight I would have went that route with 10's and 15's. I did pick up 1 20yd that had 9.5 tons in it but other then that everything has been under 4 tons minus the concrete jobs.

Coastal

Hey! Ive seen your truck at the dump a few times! Looks great!

How are you finding the market? We just picked up a second roll off truck, im going to alberta to pickup the rolloff system friday night.

ftb

minibins how many miles do you have on your bullet? I have one and i love it! it only has about 6,000miles. have you had any machanical problems or and little annoying problems? I love the exhaust break!