• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Foot aux. to joystick conversion pilot valve

qkoop

Occupation
Logger
I know there are some great hydraulic minds on here.I’m looking to switch over an SY 35, foot controlled thumb to joystick operated. Ideally, I would love to go with a proportional valve, but trying to find the setup at a reasonable price seems tough. there was another thread on here, where somebody was doing the same thing on a different machine. But there’s no links for needed parts. If I can’t go proportional, I would at least like to find and use the subber orfices that goes in between the selinoid valve and main valve pilot lines. I found a closed centre valve that would work and it ended up being 24 V. Anyways, I’m looking for suggestions and options and links to where I can buy the parts. Also, this machine has Din hydraulic fittings. Having a hard time sourcing metric din to ORB. Open to all and any suggestions. TiaAC059087-87F3-4FA1-9960-E41C2257EED2.jpeg

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Have you considered using the proportional control levers you have, simply switching by a button between what you have and thumb.
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
This may help explain. Much more on the website go library>adapted apps a lot of thumb control information.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• H2 ThumbDualBucketControl1.pdf
    5.2 MB · Views: 35

qkoop

Occupation
Logger
Good day
Have you considered using the proportional control levers you have, simply switching by a button between what you have and thumb.
Kind regards
Uffex
Thanks, Uffex. I never thought of using a joystick with A flow diverter valve. What a great idea. But for this application, I’m just trying to move the manual foot pedal control to the joystick buttons.I just find it awkward to have a foot controlled Auxiliary , or thumb. To do that I’ll need a three position closed Center spool. With 2 electric selinoids. I saw on another post in here. They call it a D03 valve. Here’s a picture of what’s in the machine right now. I think I can use the buttons that are already there on the joystick to run electric relays. I also saw some thing about having to put a diode in as to not get feedback to the electronics on the machine? Don’t fully understand that part. Here’s a picture of what the machine currently has.
196A9E8E-BEA6-4D88-951F-1EC2133322FC.jpeg1E8F551D-6B81-45F7-8B7F-A0920609A609.jpeg

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Those photo,s are great hope you dont mind I file those. Back to your situation I assume all you are using the thumb for is to grasp objects in much the same way as a grab. Another easy alternative is to simply plumb the foot control close into the bucket crowd line. By pressing a button you could have grasp control. Going down the electronic solution with scroll buttons is not going to be so easy and cost more.
Kind regards
Uffex

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I know it may not be what your used to, but it is really just a muscle memory thing. I had a mini ex that had that had a foot peddle for the thumb (IHI 35J). I had a time getting used to using the buttons for the thumb. I prefer the hand operated functioning but its not the end of world using your foot.