• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fluid Sample Results TD8-E

Alaska Dan

Occupation
I make a line of holsters and other gun related pr
This has been such a hassle that I don't think I could explain it without it sounding like complaining. So I'm going to the bottom line.

After receiving a horible fluid report I took the filter to my mechanic as well as the service manager at NC Machine. There were a few very small filings in the paper and both said it was nothing to worry about. The guy at the lab said. "That isn't bad". Doug at NC Machine told me to run it until it is warm, then let it idel for about 5 minutes. If it stays around 25lbs it's fine. I just did that and it stays up around 35 to 40. He suggested I change oil and check it again. He thought it would be fine.

Regarding the trans noise, he said I have gears with grooves straight across instead of at an angle and that will cause more noise. Also the weight of the fluids can cause that.

I'm going to change all fluids and check things again after about 50 hours..

Dan

John Canfield

Occupation
Ranching
That's like a radiologist confusing your X-ray with somebody else and telling you you have a horrible disease.. oh wait - my mistake, sorry :wierd

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I hadn't had any problems with the NC lab in years. You said a field mechanic took the sample and I'm wondering if it wasn't contaminated then.

Can you post what the sample said for metals?

Alaska Dan

Occupation
I make a line of holsters and other gun related pr
chomium, aluminum, and water with antifreeze. The service manager said Low hours over 30 years developed rust on the inside of the case and testing is probably picking up on that. Also some oils have chemicals similar to antifreeze that can cause a hit for antifreeze leading thenm to think it has a bad head gasket. There is no water in my oil.

At his suggestion, I let it idle when warm and the oil pressure stayed up around 35 to 40.

Dan