• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fire Department pictures

chipsearthworks

You'd have to wait for the correct wind. Someone might as well have them. When the Navy closed the Navy Base in Adak a few years ago they drove all their fire trucks into a ravine and buried them. This was a naval air station so the trucks were state of the art. They never drained the oil and fuel out of them and had to go in a year or so later and dig then back up. Then they had to ship them to Seattle for proper disposal. A friend of mine was on the crew that dug them up. He thought there was 10 or 12 pieces worth several million dollars. This mentality just blows my mind.:cussing

thats just stupid! you got depts that cant afford new trucks and they are driving around on 70,08s **** and the govement does something like that. that just burns my hide!

fireman050

today we were called to a house fire once dispatch gave the address we said great another BS call because this is the third time this week we were sent to the same address so we went responding as soon as we turned on the next street over we saw a huge amount of smoke we got on the radio and told dispatch to fill the alarm for a working fire i was only able to take 2 pics as we were arriving

Attachments

• hf2.jpg
    hf2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 514
  • hf1.jpg
    hf1.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 517
Last edited by a moderator:

Squizzy246B

Administrator
today we were called to a house fire once dispatch gave the address we said great another bullsh!t call because this is the third time this week we were sent to the same address so we went responding as soon as we turned on the next street over we saw a huge amount of smoke we got on the radio and told dispatch to fill the alarm for a working fire i was only able to take 2 pics as we were arriving

Do tell...whats the upshot??

Almost sounds like the Boy who cried Wolf.

fireman050

well the 2 other calls erlier this week were from the home owner claiming he was gone nd he left food on the stove well this time it was true the whole house was fully involved on arrival here is what it looked like after the blaze was put out

Attachments

• fire-1.jpg
    fire-1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 512
  • fire-2.jpg
    fire-2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 520
  • fire-3.jpg
    fire-3.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 513
  • fire-5.jpg
    fire-5.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 514
  • fire-4.jpg
    fire-4.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 507

nedly05

Our new 5500 4X4 heavy rescue, we havent even taken deliverey yet! This is a cell phone pic at the factory!:thumbsup

Attachments

• new rescue (Small).jpg
    new rescue (Small).jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 726

2004F550

Charter Member
:notworthy Nice nedly, we are going out to bid on a 5500 mini pumper, 1000 gpm. I talked my department out of the f550 and steered them to the 5500, hope it works out. It seems like they are quickly becoming the chassis of choice by truck builders, what are the specs of that bad boy????

nedly05

2004F550
Thanks! It is a very nice truck. Body was built by Horton, the truck has the 6.6 litre duramax with the exhaust brake, and the new emissions, which gives it a different sound when you really get on to it, but otherwise it doesnt seem to make any difference. The body is really slick. It has the light tower on top, the manufacturers name escapes me at the moment. The rescue tools are all preconnected, and the compartment where all of the tools and the power units are mounted slides out the back so everything is right there when you need it. There is a compartment for hand tools, one for cribbing, one for air tools, one for medical equipment, storage for 6 bottles and 2 packs. We have a warn winch for it that slides into a reciever hitch, and there are 4 points on the truck to use it. I will try to get some pics one night this week, it is really a very nice unit.

Heres a pick up truck fire from Friday afternoon.

Attachments

• mumba truck fire 2 (Small).JPG
    mumba truck fire 2 (Small).JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 526

fireman050

JFD truck 14 arriving at a minor house fire

Attachments

• 153.jpg
    153.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 417
  • 154.jpg
    154.jpg