• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fine grading

BIGDAN315

Occupation
Self employed in the excavating buis and have been
What is your definition of fine grading? To me fine grade is the final grade ,back blading top soil with dozer to ready for raking, rock hounding then seeding and mulching right?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
The term "fine grading" can mean different things for different aspects of the job. Fine grading for slopes or flat areas may mean the definition of ready to rake and seed. Fine grading for a building pad may mean a tolerance of +/- .5 inch across the pad. It also can mean a sub-grade for a 6:2:1 paving section, in which the correct sub-grade (fine grade) is crucial to a paving budget. The definition of fine grade is set by the plans and specs for the specific project.