• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Finally learned how to post pics.

Knepptune

image.jpg
This is our tms300. Grain was supposed to be 115' tall. Decided it needed to be 135' tall. Had the 110t there to set the dryers so we just set the head with it.
image.jpg
Truss set here. Tms300 again. I ran out of cribbing. That pic is after they dug a 3' hole in the driveway for the back of the crane.
image.jpg
Last one for tonight. The 110t setting a steel structure. Think it was 6700lb at 120'.

Knepptune

150lb. It's not heavy enough for that crane. Its hard to run it fast with all 136' out. It needs a 250-300 lb ball.

Impact

Occupation
Owner
Glad to finally see some photos. Keep them coming. Myself, I'm too lazy to post many photos. LOL

Knepptune

image.jpg
Old picture. Tms200 with metal cradle. This crane really put us in the crane business. First crane I ran day after day. That old girl was a lifting fool. It would make picks our 30t terex will just look at and groan.
image.jpg
Operator pov. 110t Hanging a grain pipe. Think it was 123' radius.
image.jpg
Year or so back. Tree on house. They cut the log right on top of the eave. Weighed 16k. It was all the old girl wanted to lift. Course I took the jib off and put a 4 part line on for that.

Impact

Occupation
Owner
Our old 35 ton grove was a hoss too. It'd out pick our newer 50 ton in most cases. What brand and model is your 110t?

Knepptune

It's a Krupp Kmk 5090
Before paint
image.jpg
After paint
image.jpg

It's a really solid old crane. We're the 3rd owner since new. It was in our budget and in Indiana. Really the only disadvantage so far is that it doesn't have as long of a main boom as the newer AT's. Kinda funny we bought this crane thinking it was way more crane then we needed. We've done quite a few jobs with it that you wouldn't have wanted to be in anything smaller.

As far as that tms300. It lifts ok. Just not my favorite crane. Lol

Knepptune

image.jpg
Truss job with the 300. Think it took a total of 16 hrs on this building.
image.jpg
Moving a grain bin with the 300. Even tho I don't like it that much I get stuck in it a fair amount. Think this one weighed around 15k or so.

lantraxco

I'm guessing you keep a sharp eye on the wind speed moving something like that grain bin? Doesn't weigh much but a huge sail area, yeah?

Knepptune

Well I was really just trying to catch a rabbit that day. I spent half the day waiting for one to run under that bin.

Really wasn't that concerned with wind on that one. Set it off the pad they tore the old pad out and pored a new one. Came back and set it on the new pad. Really don't think it was ever 2' off the ground.

td25c

Very nice work Knepptune ! :thumbsup

The TMS 300 sure looks & performs good .

I'm always amazed how agile cranes like your Krupp 5090 are. Can walk them in to some pretty tight spots without issue .

Knepptune

Thanks td. The old 300 doesn't do bad. It still makes a bad noise but we're not spending more money on that issue. One Of our guys asked me how hard it'd be to bend the frame on that thing. I laughed and told him I thought that would be pretty close to impossible.

That Krupp is a nice crane. Super nice to get setup. And it's one smooth crane. We've really been happy with how much work we've done with that crane since we've had it.

td25c

Yeah Knep , on the grain handling end this year will be interesting as bumper crops with all the rain at the rite time but low price per bushel forecast .

Be interesting to see what some of the big grain operations do as far as adding storage & modifications that will relate to crane work ?

Knepptune

Ye hopefully grain prices come back up.

image.jpg
Downtown indianapolis. Yes the front of the crane is under the parking garage. They couldn't reach that corner of the building. The front outriggers are sitting on the footer. Had to sit in the middle of a busy intersection and lay the boom over the back and pull into the setup spot. Got it done though.

Knepptune

image.jpg
Big Berta. We owned this crane for 5 hrs or so. Just sold her last dec. Always had a running joke that Berta brought her lunch box and hard hat to work every day. Had a 3208 cat in it. Those cold winter days it was always the only Piece of equipment you could count on starting no matter how cold it was. She doesn't even have a block heater. Coldest I ever cranked her over was -15 degrees. She spun over and smoked for a little while and we went to work for the day. Really one of my all time favorite cranes. Not the smoothest operating crane but by golly she started and worked EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 285