• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

FiatAllis 65B

Bubba

Occupation
Locomotive Engineer, Property Management, Clearing
I got a 65 B and needing to do a Brake Job on it. I can't get the Hubs off, tried Heating and put a 10 Ton Porta Power with a 20 ton Ram and they still want budge. Made a puller and got some grade 8 1 inch bolt to screw into the two holes for the puller. Run out to thing to try. Don't want to strip the threads on 1 inch bolts. Any help on how to get the hubs off would be appreciated. THANKS

Turbotexas

If it's a cone shaped spindle like on my AC Model D, loosen the nut just a hair... then drive it in a figure 8, I've had luck with this on one wheel... waiting on the other to pop loose!

Bubba

Occupation
Locomotive Engineer, Property Management, Clearing
Thank You Turbo, I mention that to my mechanic. If he will listen to me. I let you if it works an if not I tell how we done it.

Turbotexas

My hubs may be different? My brakes are on the transmission, as opposed to the hubs...
I was able to get two off when I initially bought mine... then just backed the nut off one notch with the cotter pin.. then just used it... every day I'd check the washer behind the nut... one day the washer was "tight" or wouldn't move... so that told me the hub had come out a bit! So I loosened it up one more notch, soaked in in PB Blaster and used it some more!
I haven't been brave enough to make a puller for it...

repowerguy

Occupation
mixer truck mechanic
Read my post in Galion 503A brake issues. It tells the Galion way of removing them. Your 65 Fiat is a gussied up version of a 503 Galion.