• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fiat Allis shifter

Frankhaddad

Fiat Allis R12A2TZ550329, gear shifter only gets 3rd and forth gear, Transmission is fine, can get all 4 gears, can not find much info on the shift handle, took apart, didn't see anything obvious, looking for a replacement or some knowledge on repairing.

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hi Frank,

I'm not sure which kind of t/m is fitted in this type of loader.
However, with no 1st and 2nd gear I'd assume the clutch cut-off switch under brake pedal not working properly.

Frankhaddad

I'll check it out, thank you. The switch is the type that you push and pull the whole assembly for f/n/r and roll the handle for 1-4.

gggraham

Occupation
Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
Just an example but on some transmissions by default are in 2nd gear in the neutral position. When you select 1st forward gear it dumps 2nd gear pressure and engages first gear. It's quite common to have a problem with first and second gear related to a common solenoid in the system. On others a common solenoid is activated for both gears plus 1 additional one for 2nd. Just my thought maybe check solenoids, could be a bad micro switch inside shifter.

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Frank, is your shifter this type? ZF DW1?

Attachments

• DW1.jpg
    DW1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15

Frankhaddad

Yes, that is the one, I have taken it apart, soldered a bad spot gained 3 and four but still no 1st and 2nd.

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hi Frank,
see attached the electric diagram of the system. I'm still convinced the brake switch is the troublemaker.

Attachments

• DW1_electricdiag.pdf
    251.2 KB · Views: 32