• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fiat allis or Dresser dozer?

illinoisboy

Occupation
contractor
Hey all, I have a Komatsu D-20 and am looking to buy a bigger pusher. we are wanting to get into doing bigger ponds, and earthmoving. I am not interested in a Cat, just curious about a Fiat allis, or a dresser or dressta. Thanks for any input! :)

rockbreaker2

I think Dresser would be easier to get parts for but those Fiats are awesome rock ripping machines the TD15c & E also have great rippers compared to Cat Case Deere similar sized machines but the Fiat Allis 145 or 175 are even better, look for the semi u blade they are allot stronger than the 6 way blades.
If you get a Fiat ( New Holland ) check the battery cable I had one catch on fire when the insulation wore through the Dresser has their battery cable in a nice plastic conduit .

illinoisboy

Occupation
contractor
Thanks for the advice! I looked at the Deere 650 and 750's too, just wanting a decent heavy pusher.

FWD

I have a TD15-C. It is a 78 model. They were the same until 87 or so, then they went to a Cummins engine. Mine has an IH DT-466 engine. I have the Semi-U blade and it's around 32000 lbs. I like it and you can do some heavy pushing and it's still fairly easy to move around.
FWD

Animal

Hi, just regarding parts for a Fiat-allis, I've had no problems in getting new parts from Italy for a 1980 machine and considering I live on the bottom of the planet you shouldn't have any hassles. Price has been O.K. as well.

Last edited: