• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fiat Allis FD9

harpo

I'm looking to make a offer on a 1986 Fiat Allis FD9 that has a blown engine so i'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge on this machine. Want to fix it up to use to clear some property. It has been sitting for a few years and everything else looks ok just needs a engine. I don't know if they are hard to come by or what to expect for a price on one. Any help would be appreciated.

td25c

The first thing I would do is look around to see what people are asking for FD9's in good condition.If the engine in the dozer you are looking at has bad block damage then you will be looking for another engine.that could get expensive,I dont know what a salvage yard woud ask for a good FD9 engine.I do know that dead equipment dose not bring a big price .There is a nice looking FD9 on www.machinerytrader.com in the dozer section with a winch on it,they are asking 15,500 for it.That looks like a nice size dozer for what your wanting to do.

harpo

thanks that gives me an idea of what it would be worth when fixed. Now I need to find an engine for it and see what that cost is

thanks

amunderdog

:my2c
If a good one is worth 15 then a nearly dead one is worth 5
That gives you 10 to make repairs.
That way you may come out ahead or break even.
:idea
Or if money comes easy buy the one for 15 and the other for 5 as a parts machine. Then you would be way ahead of the game at 20

hi-ball

Hello Harpo I dont know if you have fixed much equipment or moved it .
Moving a dead piece of equipment can cost alot of money depending on how far you have to haul it, how long to load-unload & do you have to pay for a excavator or other to load this on the truck. What does it cost per hour for truck & trailer there ?
This machine you are looking at needs major repairs (engine) I personally wouldnt pay more than $2000.00 max. Let us know if you find a engine.
Shane.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Blown engine? Does that mean it doesn't run? If it doesn't, how do you know an engine is the only thing it needs? Hmmm

harpo

Thanks. These are the things I'm trying to consider. I'm not sure what an engine would run but the guy who has it just wants to get rid of it so I think he will let it go for next to nothing. I just need to find an engine to put in it or at least figure out what one might costthat would work

harpo

I actually talked to the guy who serviced it last and he said it was fine before the engine let loose. He is actually the one who found it for me, he fixes our equipment at work.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
If you can get it for a bargain price, don't have to spend a ton of money to move it, and have a handy mechanic around; you might consider forgetting about the Fiat engine and retrofit a B series Cummins in it. Just a thought.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
is retrofitting to a cumming;s difficult? sounds like the way to go

Well, I'm not going to say it's easy, but a good mechanic can do it. I used to operate an FD-7 Fat Allis that had a B series 359 installed in it. I think 25c has an FD-16 with a big Cummins in it. I just throwed it out as an option if you have difficulty finding a Fiat engine. There's plenty of B series Cummins out there.

harpo

Ok I got the Dozer now I need a motor..........Does anyone know if there is anywhere I can get a Iveco 8065.25 engine. This one has a large hole in the side of it so it is shot. The other parts on the engine look relatively new so I just need a short block.
thanks!!

harpo

can anyone tell me were to find the numbers at on the engine so I know what i have
the block has a v797364 cast in it, also 21F4 and says FIAT. Is this a 8065 engine?
the block has a hole on both sides so it is trashed.

thanks

ernsetp

Fd 9

Did you ever get your dozer going? I also have an FD9, it runs good but the undercarriage is pretty bad. Is there a source for sprockets etc. I have the parts catalog and service manual.

harpo

I did get it going. turns out a 8060 block is the same as a 8065 so all I had to do was put all the 8065 accessories on the 8060 block. It runs good and have cleared a number of acres of trees.

As far as the undercarriage I don't know were to tell you to look for the parts but I do remember running across sites that had undercarriage parts on the internet. I'll look and see if I have any info on any of them that might and if I do I'll let you know.