• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Favorite Phone Apps

Jdbillin

Curious what all phone apps everyone uses daily for both working on the job and bidding jobs

I really want to find a nice app for calculating fill (stone and dirt) but I'm having trouble finding one I'm happy with

I have the Measure Master Pro I use as my calculator and one called Slope I use all the time when running tile.

Thanks

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
I constantly use a simple app that is called," simply convert units" Area, temperature, pressure, volume etc. You put in the number you work with and you get all the other values converted. Another app I use is pretty specific. It's called vibe2know you place your phone in a magnetic case and stick it to whatever your working on. It is for measuring vibration. Theis is helpful with troubleshooting screens, compactors and anything else that creates a vibration. As long as you can slap your phone on the side, you're good to go.

AllDodge

Use a couple to control door lock and Thermostat on my vacation rental but that's it

treemuncher

Occupation
eatin' trees, poopin' chips
Sorry, I don't do cut & fills so no input on those types of apps. Others that I find useful as follows:

John Deere Power Assist = looking up all engine parts John Deere with engine serial number for unique build lists.

Clime: NOAA weather radar live = fairly accurate weather app (one of very few I will pay for)

Google Keep: notes, reminders, checklists and more - shares across all phones, tablets and computers on your Google account so you can access it anywhere.

NOAA Mobile Magnetic Declination: access via https://ngdc.noaa.gov/geomag/calculators/mobileDeclination.shtml and save as a page link for fast access. Best compass app that shows current magnetic declination and true north for faster, easier following of property lines from plat information.

MG84

None- I have a flip phone, I hate smart phones....

I have a NOAA weather radio, a Construction Master 5 calculator, and a paper notebook in the truck. All I've ever needed over the past 20+ yrs of business.