• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fabtek 546

farmerboy2003

Occupation
logger
Anybody know the manufactor of the slew bearing mounted on the frame of a straight 546. Cat refuses to tell me who make these slew bearings.
Since Cat bought out Fabtek getting the right parts is almost impossible, and if you do find the right ones the price is double!!!! :Banghead

Dig-UP

Private message sent... I am very interested to see pics of your machine... How many hours??? Your machine is unique to say the least...

John H

Occupation
Arborist, Equipment operator
I would like to see it also.

farmerboy2003

Occupation
logger
Fabtek "torn-apart"

Dosen"t look to good right now, water pump being rebulit and trying to tighten up center bearing, repainted last spring took two weeks, cat said they could not get new emblems so they need to be made. Also thru in pic off timberjack prossesor being hauled off to the sales lot. Fabtek hauled over 8 thousand cords of wood out this last winter, has about 18000 hrs on it, still purrs like a kitten!!!

Attachments

• fabtek 001.jpg
    fabtek 001.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 2,436
  • fabtek 002.jpg
    fabtek 002.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 2,271
  • fabtek 003.jpg
    fabtek 003.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 2,499
  • fabtek 004.jpg
    fabtek 004.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 2,319
  • fabtek 005.jpg
    fabtek 005.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 2,389

farmerboy2003

Occupation
logger
Timberjack just has small joysticks no palm controls, pretty easy to operate... I live in northern minnesota

JAK5

Your 546 has to be one of the early 6 wheelers because the loader is on the front section of the machine. If you haven't found a bearing yet go to your local Motion Ind. store and they should be able to find it. It looks like a KAYDON bearing to me!

bkellyvtme

Occupation
CBP/ Logging as side business
Looks like you have a great setup. You must get some good production out of those two machines.

farmerboy2003

Occupation
logger
Anybody out there know of any tandem bogie axles laying around for a Fabtek forwarder??? Looking to update a machine "gear ratio 24.37" (Fab 08)

JAK5

Anybody out there know of any tandem bogie axles laying around for a Fabtek forwarder??? Looking to update a machine "gear ratio 24.37" (Fab 08)

I think they used John Deere Axles and FUNK transmissions & Torque Converters if that helps. Otherwise they are probably NAF axles in your machine....

check out www.richardsmachinery.com there are good used parts on there from time to time.

Good Luck!