• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Extender Hoe NonOriginal Control Valve-Help Please

Jim Kennedy

I recently bought a MF 50H Backhoe with an extender Hoe that did not work, I have been working on some of it's other problems and now I am up to this Extender Hoe not working issue. The single spool type valve is attached to the right hand floor. When I move lever in either direction no movement in the extender and no difference in engine noise, so I removed the two hydraulic lines from the cylinder and connected them together with a valve between. With this valve shut, engine running and move the valve lever and again no difference in the engine noise or pressure relief valve releiving. This valve appears to be non original, just bolted to the floor. This valve has 4 hoses attached , 2 going to the extender cylinder and one going to a "Tee" that has been fitted in the pressure line going to the backhoe multi spool valve and the other hose going to a "T" fitted to the multi spool valve outlet.
The extender hoe single spool valve has these markings on it's ID plate.
OX
Burcher Hidroirma S.p.A.
Made in Italy

I think this valve might be faulty, I cannot find any information on it. I am hoping someone might know something about these valves or where I might find some information about what type of valve it is.
Jim

Attachments

• P9260003.jpg
    P9260003.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 151
  • P9260004.jpg
    P9260004.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 152
  • P9260006.jpg
    P9260006.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 154

melben

Occupation
Retired 50 Yrs with Case dealership
If it plumbed in as you say it must be a closed center valve or it would flow oil whenever the engine is running and the hoe would be dead. Have you tried holding another hoe function against relief and try the extension.

lantraxco

Yup, probably need to deadhead another function as melben says. Someone may have got their wires crossed.

Jim Kennedy

Hi Melben and lantraxc,
Thank you for your responses and Yes when I held the hoe valve against it's relief the extender valve works the extender. So how should I change things to make this right. Should I be using an open centre valve and putting it in series with the pressure line, or maybe trying to find the original Massey Ferguson valve with the foot pedal.

Jim

lantraxco

Well, an open center valve with power beyond in the pressure line would work, just make sure it's rated for more than the machines maximum pump pressure and maximum pump flow. This type of valve will have five ports as it will still need a return line in addition to the pressure line on the power beyond outlet.

Delmer

What's wrong with the way it is? Seems like an appropriate solution to me???

melben

Occupation
Retired 50 Yrs with Case dealership
If you series the valve in to get it working the way you want to you have to be able to make it an open center valve with a power beyond sleeve feature, If you do this it must be in the circuit before the BH control valve with a 3rd line as Lantraxco has stated, reason being, the hoe valve is probably not designed for power beyond and full system pressure would be applied in every circuit of the BH valve if it was installed in the hoe return hose, pressurizing all the low pressure drain circuits thereby taking all hoe valve reliefs out of the circuit because of system pressure on the back side of them. The damage done could be very costly.

If it were mine I would let well enough alone and use it as is, After a bit it will be second nature using it