• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Extend-a-hoe slide lubrication

JCSI

So our township has recently purchased a JCB 3CX-14 and I was going through the manual and it said apply Waxoyl to the guides on the extend-a-hoe. ?? Where should I look for the stuff at and is their something equivalent to it or any other recommendations?

DrJim

Occupation
General Dentist, including Implant Restorations

eric12

I used zep 45 on ours and it worked well. buying waxoyl isn't hard so if you wanted to use that, id go to the store and buy a can. you could also use fluid film, that works great on everything

d4c24a

don't grease the slides on a 3cx , myself i never really bother much with them , but if you do want to do it , fluid film would be a good if not better product , extend boom out at the end of the day ,coat slides and leave extended out overnight , it is a good idea if its going to be sat a while holidays winter etc

JCSI

I will try the dealer first then some local auto parts stores, if nothing else may use the graphite spray we use on the moldboard side shift slides. Thanks for the replies

JDOFMEMI

I would suggest the dry graphite spray as well.

Never use grease, as it will attract dirt and wear out the pads. Grease also gums up the works in cold weather.