• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Excavator stick help.

movindirt

Hey guys, I'm looking for a long stick for a 8 ton excavator, the dimensions where it pins on the boom is- 8.5" wide, and a 2.5" pin, does anyone know what brands have this same size or smaller? Hoping I could use a Cat or deere stick, but I can't find measurements anywhere. Thanks!

So I guess what I am asking is also, would anyone care to measure the width of the stick on their 8 ton machines so I know what will work and what won't?

Last edited:

StumpyWally

Liv'in the Dream ---------------> in Ballston, NY
Occupation
PE Civil Eng'r, Computer Sys. Mgr., Retired
MovinDirt...I have a 2005 NH EH80 CS, which is really a Kobelco SK80 CS. It has the std. stick (5'-11"). It's not in a location where I can measure the boom-to-stick connection currently, but I copied the following from a PDF of a shop manual that I have for a NH E80 (which I'm fairly certain is identical):

EH80 SM-1.jpg
EH80 SM-2.jpg
EH80 SM-3.jpg

It appears from Fig. 3-4, Section B-B, M = boss width of arm = 210mm (8.27") from the dimensions table, &
d4 = pin dia. = 60mm (2.36").

If you want the corresponding boom diagram/dimensions, let me know. Hope this helps...

movindirt

:thumbsup :drinkup Thanks!!! That would fit inside of mine, just need a couple of spacers, but it would work! I'll add this to my list of possibilities.