• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Excavator lifting jib

Nac

Occupation
Construction
I think I saw it on this forum some one made a lifting jib to mount on a mini excavtor. I have job I am on now building concrete and masonry planters. And the city engineer wants me to give a price to build a 25' Tall Obelisk. The Iam thinking maybe I can set the pieces with my mini and a lifting jib. The job is on a trianglr intersection in a busy town so there is room for a lull to work. Or maybee I just rent a little crane.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I think I saw it on this forum some one made a lifting jib to mount on a mini excavtor.

I think that was our esteemed Mr. Squizzy....

As a matter of fact, it was easy enough to find--it was the first thread he ever started here. https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=876

(To find the first thread he ever hijacked, you'd probably have to look no further than his first post, but that's just speculation...)

Nac

Occupation
Construction
Squizzy did you make that jib yourself? If so more info please and more closeup pics. I think I will make my own this way I can use the new Miller Bobcat welder and the future Plasma cutter I am getting.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Ok ...Ok...what are you guys bored or somethin??

I have been meaning to get some pics for ages.....I'll try and get my old brain to remember to take some in the next couple of days. Construction is very simple, hitch with two pins and a piece of RHS.