• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Espar issues on Volvo hoe

suladas

Had my Espar rebuilt but still giving me issues and will only run maybe 10% of the time, codes f52 and 54 which suggest fuel/intake/exhaust issues, place that rebuilt it assured me it was bench tested and working fine. I've checked intake and exhaust and can't see anything wrong. I am not sure how it's plumbed into fuel tank but seeing as it's factory figured there had to be a schematic for how it's routed? It's a 2008 EC210CL.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
I can't speak for Volvo but I haven't seen a factory option for a diesel fired heater on the yellow or orange iron. We always installed those at the dealer level and it really depended on the person doing the install as to the quality of the finished product.

suladas

I can't speak for Volvo but I haven't seen a factory option for a diesel fired heater on the yellow or orange iron. We always installed those at the dealer level and it really depended on the person doing the install as to the quality of the finished product.

Pretty sure it was factory but can't say for sure. Do you know where/how they generally plumb into the fuel tank? I have no problem just running a new line but have no idea where it might be tied in.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Pretty sure it was factory but can't say for sure. Do you know where/how they generally plumb into the fuel tank? I have no problem just running a new line but have no idea where it might be tied in.
Its been a few years but I recall on the orange iron we typically put a bung in the top of the tank and installed the pickup tube into it, then ran the fuel line over to the heater.

Lagwagon

My book is calling it an ‘auxiliary heater’ and it appears to be a European edition, from memory theres an equivalent North America version so it may be different. And it’s a 2012 print.
B2DE9788-A54C-418A-B0F0-075F3D8CF594.jpeg

Lagwagon

I have a schematic for a 240cl but won’t have it till after Christmas, it’s likely the same as the 210. In the meantime I’m sure Funwithfuel will pull a dark grey and yellow rabbit out of a hat for you, he’s Pritty good at that

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Volvo likes to use Espar. Their small Duetz powered wheel loaders come equipped.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Ok, here's everything you wanted to know and then some.

Attachments

• aux heat desc.pdf
    483.2 KB · Views: 8
  • aux heat inst instr.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • aux heat install.pdf
    310.6 KB · Views: 4
  • aux heat parts.pdf
    265.6 KB · Views: 6

suladas

Figures, come to test it and 2/2 it works perfectly. Almost seems like it doesn’t start in the cold as after I put it back in I tested it 3 times in the shop and worked fine too. I did see a few bubbles in the fuel line just after the pump, not sure if that means anything. I am tempted to just replace fuel pump and fuel line, can’t see it costing much.

suladas

Think I got it fixed, the screen on the fuel pump seemed pretty dirty as well as the screen on the separate filter, and the one clamp was loose hoping that's all it was as the pump works fine.