• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Erratic drive motor power

Canadian_digger

What would cause erratic drive motor power? I have a bobcat E32R and once in a while one drive motor will not have power and Will barley move the track on one side. If you move the leaver back and forth a bit, it will return to normal with full power.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Could be spool shifting suggest you check it out.
Kind regards
Uffex

Jon Harrah

I have an e32 and I am having the same trouble I replaced the drive motor with new and it will not turn when it gets under skid load.
anyone ever experienced the same issue

Canadian_digger

I have an e32 and I am having the same trouble I replaced the drive motor with new and it will not turn when it gets under skid load.
anyone ever experienced the same issue
My mechanic broke some $10 part when he started working on it to diagnose the problem. Once he get the new part and works on it again I will report back with his findings

Canadian_digger

671F7326-5D98-4665-9BB0-47CC5AC373E0.jpeg 691D994D-7B80-4FC4-ACCA-3EC28AFE261A.jpeg 4882CFE4-3F05-41C8-9CB2-A09F92CFAF59.jpeg 59A072BE-EC2C-48ED-8845-8B107DFDFCF8.jpeg Got the assembly off. The tag on the motor was rotted off and all I could see what a bit of shinny blue. You guys think I should just send this to a hydraulic shop for rebuild. Bobcat wants $5500cnd for the whole thing. Machine has 1700hrs on it.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Some motors have the sungear shaft coupled directly into rotating group and that could be were the failure is. My thoughts are you'd be up for a new rotating group, possibly a sungear shaft,bearings and seals. Make sure they have the skills to lap the swash and lens plates if required. The planetary gearbox should be OK I'm thinking but no guarantees on that.

Canadian_digger

15FC12B4-D768-4182-8393-54C0FD059B19.jpeg C42DB239-8ECD-41CC-8559-03A467673701.jpeg I was removing all the hydraulic fittings so they would not get lost and this plunger started sliding out. So I decided to take a look at it and I found scoring all around the bottom side. Think this could be the problem?

Canadian_digger

If this could be the problem can I polish the scratches and try it out. Do I have anything to loose by trying? And how would you go about removing the scratches.

Tones

Occupation
If its from the port below the 2 larger hoses it could very well be the 2 speed piston. Very fine sandpaper or a fine stone should be good. It would also pay to check where it sits, that could also be marked. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Tones

Occupation
I've been guessing here but I thought that is the casedrain just by the size of hose, however clean it up a see what happens.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
The spool shows signs of seizure no doubt the housing is also damaged, I would suggest that is the most probable cause of the issue. Not good news the only way is to replace if you need to have a reliable fix.
Kind regards
Uffex

Canadian_digger

Polished it up. Reassemble, tested it for 10-15 min in the yard and so far it’s working with no issues. Keeping my fingers crossed.