• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

equipment repair

countrylife

Occupation
Retired
I'm looking at buying an excavator and trying to do all my homework first so I have a couple of questions. First, I'll probably need to add an AUX circuit to it and a thumb. Is the AUX circuit something I have to take it to the dealer for, or can a local shop do it? I assume a local shop can add the thumb. Second, If it is acceptable to ask on this forum: does anyone know of a good shop near Rosebud, Texas? (about half an hour east of Temple). It will probably be a Komatsu PC120 (not sure of the dash number).

Thanks, Don

Last edited:

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
All the Komatsu excavators have an auxiliary valve to run an extra function. Most hydraulic shops can do the job but check around for someone that has done it before so you might be able to look at their work.

Get bids and have them describe what they are going to do and how they are going to do it.

Good Luck!

biodole

Occupation
Excavator
I have the Komatsu PC128, and I have been VERY happy with its service. I would highly recommend this product line.